All Cork Youth League games involving College Corithians and Avondale this weekend have been cancelled as a mark of respect after recent deaths within the clubs.
To All Clubs,
Following on from a meeting with the FAI and our referees last night, we are under strict instruction to inform clubs of the following:
- Clubs are to continue to follow the government and FAI Guidelines regarding the number of spectators at a game depending on the age groups
- Clubs are to use there own COVID19 risk assessments to ensure the safety and well being of the players, coaches, spectators and the referees.
- All referees and away team managers must be met by the home teams COVID officer or delegate and informed of the home teams COVID policy and contact tracing procedures.
- If the referee is unhappy with the safety measures in place then he will inform both the home team and away team manager and if any one of the three are not satisfied that the game can go ahead safely then the referee has the power to call off the game.
- The referee has also been instructed to inform the FAI and the league of any clubs who are failing to comply with the COVID guidelines and any breeches will be dealt with strongly by the Cork Youth League committee.
We are delighted to be back playing football and hope that it can continue but this will only be possible if clubs continue to follow the relative safety guidelines.
Note: All Mid week League Cup games scheduled for the 16th / 17th and 18th September have been cancelled and will be rescheduled due to lack of light.
Some fixtures may have already been printed on Evening Echo but will not go ahead.
The Cork Youth League Committee have decided that with the current Covid 19 restrictions and to ensure the health and safety of our clubs and members it would be unwise to organise a large gathering of all our member clubs. With this in mind we have now cancelled this seasons AGM.
We will be reaching out to every club over the next few days to go through any of the topics that would have been discussed at the AGM.
Any issues please contact chairman Sean O Sullivan.
We are currently having technical issues with our fixtures secretary phone which we hope to have resolved early next week.meaning the phone will be out of action until 29th July.
Anyone with issues regarding fixtures can contact James by email at email@example.com or contact Richie Browne on 087-7937782
Notice on Friendlies: